Practical advice from a Chicago disability attorney
Having much experience as a Chicago disability attorney, I can tell you that dealing with the Social Security Administration (SSA) is a challenging endeavor. It can be hard and frustrating work, take a long time, and require extensive training and experience to become effective.
The extent of the challenge involved in working with SSA is not readily apparent, for the initial application appears simple and SSA invites claimants to apply on their own. But pitfalls abound, and most initial applications are denied. Claimants who are unaware of how the system works are likely to give up at this point, which is a common mistake fatal to your claim.
Instead, you should spend some time learning how SSA’s disability evaluation process works, determine if your impairment is severe enough to qualify, and speak with a knowledgeable Chicago disability attorney early on.
To help you determine how to most effectively present your disability claim to SSA, I provide on this website:
- Detailed information about SSA’s evaluation process
- Common mistakes made by claimants
- Answers to questions frequently asked by claimants
- How SSA evaluates 40 medical conditions
- 36 invaluable medical opinion forms which will guide your treating doctor to provide
- Evidence of your impairment that is persuasive to SSA (available to clients only)
- Step-by-step instructions through the more-challenging phases of SSA’s evaluation process (also available to clients only)
Because disability claims are assessed by SSA on a case-by-case basis, the information I present here can only educate you halfway. The most important information you can learn will be specific to your particular situation. For that reason, I encourage you to complete the claim evaluation form on this page so that my office may learn the facts of your case and give you advice that is specific to you and your claim.
I can probably save you the frustration and heartache so many applicants endure with their claims, for I have:
- Been elected president of the largest association of disability attorneys in the country
- Concentrated on Social Security disability law since 1983
- Personally handled hundreds of disability cases
- Been named the top female Social Security lawyer in Chicago
If you need a top Chicago disability attorney, I hope to have the opportunity to help you.