Frequently Asked Questions About Social Security Disability Hearings
People who apply for Social Security disability benefits frequently ask the following questions about the progress of their Social Security disability application.
- How long will it take for a hearing to be held, a decision to be issued and for benefits to be paid?
- How will I be notified about the date of my disability hearing?
- What happens if I get a Notice of Hearing before I get a letter from my lawyer telling me about the date?
- Do I need to get medical records or reports for my lawyer?
- But what if my doctor gives me a report?
- What if the judge sends me a form to be completed by my doctor?
- Should I send anything to the judge?
- Should I send my lawyer the